Ready to Travel

Ready to Travel

Friday, February 4, 2011

Seize the day

Can you tell indoor photography is not my forte? I must get hubby to retake these pics. Maybe he'll build me a gallery too:) I don't have an idea in mind when I start (probably shows). I pick a colour and root around through my paper ephemera and books and go from there.
The painting "Seize the Day" started with the picture of the boy and elephant on a bench with the boy's arm around the elephant. I bought this 30 years ago at a poster sale (probably in University) and for some reason it has managed to survived every one of 18 physical location moves.
The other piece is entitled "Go West". I purchased a random clump of old family photos on ebay a couple of years ago and found this one. It depicts a family and their work hourse standing in a field. On the back it is written - standing in a 40 acre field of corn. The peas are ready for harvest. No date on the photo. The words to the left say Diligence, Godliness, Humour.
Apologies for the flash shine.
Enjoy, or not. As someone in my class on Sunday said 'Everything we make is crap. Sometimes we're lucky and we make crap people want to buy". We all laughed hard at this.

 

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment