Ready to Travel

Ready to Travel

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A weather bookend

It's Tuesday, April 24th. It is the day before my official departure, a day of cleaning, packing, organizing, and the weather is the same as when I arrived. It's a weather bookend - misty, cloudy, rainy. Today, though, it's only cool, not cold.
The car is loaded, the house is clean and all the food I can't eat is delivered to Hedgerow House. The car is full of gas, my wallet is full of cash and my reservation for the ferry's been made.
In town today I stopped in to the used bookstore (Black Sheep books) and bought 4 old nautical charts of spots around the southern gulf islands. I hope to use them in an encaustic project when I'm settled down at home for a while.

Having never driven in the b.C. interior, I'm very much looking forward to tomorrow. I hope to get as far as Clearwater, the gateway to Wells Gray Provincial Park. The GPS is programmed and it, along with the camera, are in the console of the car.


Helmcken Falls, Wells Gray Provincial park

After a 3 hour ferry ride it'll be full speed ahead with all the beautiful things nature has to offer on my 8 hour drive. Till then, hope all your adventures are happy ones.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment