Ready to Travel

Ready to Travel

Friday, August 27, 2010

I need another vacation


Arrived home on August 12th and have been going non-stop pretty much ever since. Finally got to the beauty salon and none to soon I might add. I was in desperate need of a pedicure and manicure. I swear there's STILL P.E.I. dirt under my fingernails. Kind of a nice souvenir though.
So tootsies are in good shape to be seen by the public. Had Nelle to the vet for her final checkup after her cancer surgery - it's all good. She's lost weight, she's a spunky girl, ear looks terrific. Miss Fancy Pants has 3 pounds to lose, though and is losing her fur in patches due to allergy. We have that under control now and the fur is starting to grow back. It was not attractive, let me tell you. Youngest son headed out to visit oldest son in Edmonton for a week. He's having a great time and comes back to make one more paycheque before school starts. Good for you, Jeff. I was inspired by one of our wwoofer hosts and have tried my hand at canning and preserving. We "urban foraged" about 40 pounds of elderberries and they are frozen or sauced at the moment. Pickles are done and I'm waiting for apples to be ready to make some sauce. I'm trying to find a cheap source of field tomatoes to make sauce but there's nothing around here. Just the grocery store and that's too costly. If anyone has local leads, let me know. Don't want to do the Farmer's Market as I don't relish hauling a bushel basket half a mile to my car!
School starts soon. Hilary moved in with us August 14th and Neil returns from his job in Sault Ste. Marie on Saturday. It's going to be a full house for a while. I'm thinking another trip to the liquor store is in order!

No comments:

Post a Comment