Ready to Travel

Ready to Travel

Saturday, July 9, 2011

TV Issues

We arrived in Sturbridge around 6pm last night. Flopped down, opened a cold one and powered up the computers. While I was updating the blog kevin turned on the TV. As everyone who knows me knows, I don't watch TV. He's scrolling through all the channels (as men do, incessantly I might add) and not finding anything financial (thank god) when ALL  OF A SUDDEN I recognize Robert Culp and Bill Cosby. OK - I need to give you all some background on my TV issues. As a kid we weren't allowed to watch much TV and what we did watch was chosen by my dad. The TV was unplugged at the end of June and plugged back in at the start of September. If we were able to watch anything in between it was Lawrence Welk on Saturday nights at 7pm (with a bowl of potato chips if we'd been particularly good). There are shows from my childhood I only heard about. Well I knew that I Spy (the Robert Culp/Cosby thing) was one of them. The station Kevin found was RTV (Retro Television). After I Spy what should come on but the intro for Davey Crockett with Fess Parker. Well, as sorely as I needed a steak right about then I was even more sorely tempted to stay and watch the shows I couldn't watch as a kid.
We managed to tear ourselves away and head off for some shopping (hello target and kohl's) and then found ourselves at Longhorn's Steakhouse. Man I love America. After about a 10 minute wait we mosey to the bar to have our meal. I order a margarita 'and make it blue'. The waitress comes back with a cocktail shaker, pours the margarita into a huge martini glass and leaves the shaker on the table. I squeezed two large margaritas out of that puppy and it cost $7.99. Did I already mention I love America?
It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment