Ready to Travel

Ready to Travel

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

In the land of cheese

It is 7:26 pm local time and I am ensconced for the night in the Comfort Inn in Edgerton Wisconsin. I am in my fleece pajamas, the heater is running full blast and there's a nice glass of Fuzion Malbec in my plastic bathroom cup.
Up at 6:30 this morning (see Janet, I can do it if I have to) and on the road by 7:30. The dogs sensed something was up because they didn't return to their crates for more sleep as they usually do after being fed. I think my trips back and forth to the car were a tipoff.
Crossed at Sarnia at 10:00 a.m. and the border guard wanted to hear all about housesitting. No one behind me was honking (wonder why) so I obliged him.
Weather is mild, sky is a bit overcast, roads are dry.
Stopped in New Buffalo Michigan for lunch at 2pm. It is at Exit 1 - first exit into Michigan from Indiana.
Blasted through Indiana. You could smell Gary before you could see it - tar, petrol and other nasty stuff. Tried to take a few shots from the car but I don't know how they turned out.
Driving through Chicago wasn't too bad. Bit of rush hour but nothing too serious. Reached Rockford, my original stop for the night, but it was only 4pm local time so I kept going. Now I'm in the land of cheese and you can bet that I'll be buying some of that tomorrow.
Dinner will be some hardboiled eggs, almonds and apples. I'm really not that hungry. Then snuggle in bed with a new book. It's called the book of General Ignorance and asks 230 questions that you think you know the answer to but you'd be wrong. If any of you have watched the BBC show hosted by Stephen Fry, called Q.I. (for Quite Interesting) you'll know all about the dreaded 'general ignorance' round at the end of the game.
Or, I could watch a few more episodes of Revenge. Damn I wish I hadn't discovered that show. So much fun watching her take everyone down one by one.
Till tomorrow (maybe photos of cows!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment