Ready to Travel

Ready to Travel

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Another lovely day

Today was sunny and warm and a great day to walk the mutts. Using  map my hosts have left me I'm slowly getting acquainted with the island. Today we headed south of Ganges to Peter Arnell Park. The term park is loosely used here. This was more like a Niagara Escarpment hike. Lots of ups and downs and slippery as hell due to all the rain lately. Lots of rocky outcroppings and that wonderful moss. I swear I could lie down and sleep on that stuff. I had to drive past Cusheon Lake to get there and that reminded me of Santa Fe. Kevin and I were sitting on the patio of the Cowgirl Cafe, having a wonderful marguerita, next to a nice couple who were originally from Kitchener, now living in the states. They'd come to Santa Fe for a week's holiday. We got chatting about housesitting and I mentioned Salt Spring. She mentioned they had family around the Cusheon Lake area. Small world, again. I'm having too many small world moments - I think this means I'm getting old.
Took the camera and went out with the dogs again after dinner, but just in the neighbour along Old Scott Road. Didn't see any eagles or owls (saw two eagles, a kingfisher and a great blue heron over the course of the afternoon) so shot some of the flowers in the garden here instead.



No comments:

Post a Comment