Ready to Travel

Ready to Travel

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Please don't chase the turkeys

I don't want to exaggerate and say it's been raining too much but I think I heard boat building going on in the neighbourhood. No animals passing the b&b in pairs so I think we're safe for a while.
I've been enjoying watching the birds at the feeder and have spotted some old favourites as well as some new guys. There are several types of chickadee here. I also have seen many spotted towhees (John and Janet know these guys) and a Varied Thrush.
I headed south today to explore that end of the island. Drove around Isabella Point Road then headed over to Ruckle Farm. It's the oldest family farm in British Columbia. It's over 100 years old. It, and acreage around it are now a provincial park. It's still a working farm with sheep, cattle, turkey, chickens. No fee to get in, no fee to park. You can wander around the farm, then take a lovely trail that parallels the ocean shore. On the way back, at the edge of a pasture I spotted two eagles perched one above the other, high in a tree. The picture is below. See if you can find them.









No comments:

Post a Comment