Ready to Travel

Ready to Travel

Sunday, March 4, 2012

I hate leftovers

God I hate leftovers; so in an effort to delay having to warm them up I'll update my blog. The weather hasn't been co-operating lately so I haven't been out taking photos. When it's raining it seems like a good day(s) to sew and bake.
There are oatmeal cookies (made with blueberry juice soaked craisins) and paleo coconut/blueberry muffins in the fridge. Don't mind eating those leftovers.
Drove south on the Ganges-Fulford road to Fulford Harbour, just in time to see the ferry coming in. I swung off on a bit of a side trip to Burgoyne Bay. On the narrow, dirt road leading to the 'park' I saw some great old ramshackle buildings - windows broken, moss all over the roof and was tempted to get out and take pictures. There are a lot of 'old hippies' at the south end so I thought it might be someone's home and stayed in the car. The south end is very different - sparsely populated, no infrastructure and lots of farms.
This afternoon I also went to the cinema. Is it because it's a Sunday afternoon matinee that there were so many old people? And I mean way older than me. It looks to be housed in a former church. You come in the side door, pay the man for a ticket then walk up the theatre from front to back to get to the concession stand at the rear (thus providing the people already seated a bit of a diversion). Instead of all those annoying commercials and reminders to shut off your phone you are given a lovely slideshow of places around the island, taken by locals. The movie changes every week - this week it's My Week with Marilyn. Enjoyed the movie, great acting, very sad.
Mt. Maxwell

Burgoyne Bay




The Ganges Cinema

The Ganges Cinema

No comments:

Post a Comment