Ready to Travel

Ready to Travel

Monday, August 9, 2010

It's almost time to leave...boo hoo


It's a Monday that started out overcast and rainy and has turned hot, sunny and muggy. We processed the last of the blueberries today. I don't think my fingernails will ever return to a normal colour. Stuck the backpack on my back and headed down town. There is an art exhibition at the local space and the artist is formerly from Kitchener. I really like his stuff but it is priced beyond my means. Found a nice little piece of pottery, instead. Actually, it's not so little. It's a bowl and plate combo that will be perfect for my Vietnamese soup. It even has indentations on the rim to hold your chopsticks! Think I'll try to get some laundry done while the sun is shining. My hosts are showing a film tonight as part of the Film Society they help run. The title is "Paper Clips" and it's about the Holocaust. Don't think I'll go. Feel like lighter fare. I'll probably watch something I've downloaded on my computer. Howard should be getting back in to town sometime tomorrow and we will head out on Wednesday morning. As soon as we cross the border in to Maine the clock goes back an hour. This should allow us go get to our b&b in Quebec in plenty of time to relax and have a couple of bubbly pops in the backyard.
Last night we did the Church Supper - bowl of chowder, bun and dessert for $6.00. The dinner was to run from 5 to 8:30. We got there at 7pm and had the last 3 bowls of fish chowder. It was pretty yummy. The live auction was pretty amateurish but it was fun to get a look at real live Anglicans up close and in their natural environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment