Ready to Travel

Ready to Travel

Thursday, April 5, 2012

How do YOU spell pretentious?

I had something to rant about two days ago but ran out of time. I have time today......so
Kevin and I had stopped at the Fernwood Cafe for a tea, some photos, and a long, lovely stare at a sunny ocean.
In walks this guy with a black lamb under his arm......

Kevin wanders over to take some photos and eavesdrop. While all the wait staff are cooing over how cute this is all I can think is "how pretentious".
Anyway, Kevin wanders back and i mention how, once you put a collar on a lamb it becomes pretty hard to eat it. Kevin says this guy doesn't raise the lambs for meat, he raises them for the wool. This lamb was born 3 weeks premature "so I can't leave it home alone"....yeah, I'm still scratching my head over that one. But wait, it gets better.
This gentleman then goes on to say that his flock is guarded by a wolf. Yep, a real wolf. And it acts like a border collie, licks the sheep's faces....oh yes, and his wolf is vegetarian. I almost snort my tea out my nose and I'll bet you're laughing too. And I'm thinkin' to myself - your wolf is no vegetarian.....he's just a carnivore quietly bidin' his time until you slip up.
Why don't people let animals live to their true nature? A wolf, like a dog, is a carnivore and it sure isn't meant to be living on a farm. And we wonder why there are so many neurotic animals around. Well here are Stanley and Lucy, decidedly NOT neurotic. I suspect Stanely harbours a secret wish for opposable thumbs and longer legs so he can drive.




No comments:

Post a Comment